Fake or Real – Hurricane Sandy Photos Debunked
There are thousands of pictures from hurricane Sandy, circulating the web. Sadly, many of these pictures are fake, and do no good but to bring fear to those who are troubled by the hurricane. Some of these fake images include the shark photos we posted on Stuff You Couldn’t Make Up yesterday. We were quick to announce that those images were indeed fake. Here is a more through list of fake images.
1. Fake shark photo – likely belongs to another hurricane incident, not Sandy
2. Fake shark photo – photoshopped
3. Fake – Some believe it is Photoshopped – others say it belonged to another hurricane. We think it screams Photoshop. One way or another, it is fake.
4. Real, but this one is not Sandy! It is a tornado from April 2011
5. Fake – From the movie The Day After Tomorrow – needless to say – not Hurricane Sandy
6. From a 2009 movie – not hurricane Sandy
7. Fake – and old. This photo has been around since hurricane Irene (2011)
8. Beautiful Photoshop work – not Hurricane Sandy!